What is PostAc?
PostAc® is a job search engine and treasure trove of information about the job market for researchers. Our Machine Learning technology shows you the potential job market research graduates. Any graduate from any discipline – literary scholars to astrophysicists – will find jobs they can do in our database.
Many people start a PhD wanting to be an academic, but on discovering the difficulties of the academic job market, change their mind. Some people finish and find themselves under-employed or on a series of tenuous contracts, dreaming of some certainty and a wage that reflects their years of hard work and effort.
PostAc® uses artificial intelligence to help you find jobs and employers outside academia that need your amazing research skills. 80% of these jobs you can search on PostAc do not say ‘PhD’ in the ad, so you would normally have trouble finding them. Our algorithm was trained on a large data set to spot these ‘nerdy jobs’. Our new product has both jobs available in the past and jobs you can apply for right now so you get access to the full spectrum of options.
I am thrilled to be able to offer this positive way forward for people who are struggling with the question “what next?”
How can I access PostAc?
Currently PostAc University is only available to universities in Australia on subscription – we are currently developing a product for the UK.
Please email email@example.com to discuss the release timeline for our products and your subscription options.
If you would like your university to purchase the product, you can direct people to to our product brochure.
What are people saying about PostAc?
- “Eye opening!” (Biology PhD)
- “This is an amazing job search site!” (Biology PhD)
- “A fresh vision about our job choices” (Sociology PhD)
- “Gives me a lot of hope I will be successful in the future” (Astrophysics PhD)
- “There are a lot of possibilities out there and there are concrete steps and strategies we can use to get where we want to be” (Chemistry PhD)
- “I know the skills I need to develop to get a non-academic job” (Biology PhD)
- “Love PostAc! a positive approach to non-academic jobs” (Sociology PhD)
- “Great to have actual data about the job market” (Sociology PhD)
- “Built my confidence to find jobs outside academia” (Physics PhD)
- “Now I know what is beyond academia!” (Sociology PhD)
- “Loved spending time on PostAc exploring possibilities” (Sociology PhD)
- “Looking for a job outside Academia feels validated now” (Chemistry PhD)
- “Confirmed in my mind that there ARE jobs outside of academia – which I am relieved about” (Chemistry PhD)
- “Very useful! Can’t wait to explore it more” (Biology PhD)
- Very useful to identify the pros and cons of various non-academic jobs” (Biology PhD)
We are using our app to research the job market for PhD graduates. You can watch the video below or download our latest industry trend report from the ANU research repository.